Tuesday, June 14, 2022
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Saint John Trade & Convention Centre
1 Market Square, Saint John, New Brunswick
THANK YOU - REGISTRATION FOR THE EVENT IS NOW CLOSED
We invite you to visit the SMRNB.ca website to keep up to date on development of the aSMR industry in New Brunswick.
NB Power, along with the two advanced small modular reactor (aSMR) proponents, ARC Clean Energy Canada (ARC Canada) and Moltex Energy, will be presenting an interactive and inclusive supply chain event on June 14, 2022 with support from key partners.
This event will support the development of an aSMR supply chain and skilled workforce in the province of New Brunswick. It is part of overall efforts to ensure suppliers are prepared to participate in future clean energy opportunities.
Event registration is open to New Brunswick organizations ONLY until May 30. If the delegate maximum is not reached by then, companies from outside of the province will be given the opportunity to participate. This event is offered FREE OF CHARGE.
Key components of the event include:
- Progress updates from Moltex and ARC Canada
- Interactive breakout sessions titled Fit for SMR, Industry Support and Indigenous Partnerships
- Information about supply chain opportunities and timelines
- Supplier training and capacity building recommendations
- Inclusive conversations about Indigenous participation
- Dedicated time for discussion and networking
- Suppliers and/or companies in any of the following areas:
- structural/civil (concrete, structural, excavation)
- fabrication (machine shops, industrial fabrication shops)
- services (engineering, environmental, safety, inspection and maintenance)
- installation (electrical and instrumentation contractors, mechanical contractors or otherwise involved with piping systems, vessels, heat exchangers, etc., fire protection systems and equipment)
- supply of parts and/consumables (supply of material such as pipe, plate, various components, equipment used during construction)
- Indigenous community representatives
- Government employees working on SMR-related issues
- Members of the media
In 2018, New Brunswick entered into agreements with two complimentary aSMR companies, ARC Canada and Moltex, to support the province's transition to a zero-carbon economy. This created an opportunity for New Brunswick to become an SMR supply chain hub, complete with products, services and expertise wthat will be in high demand around the world.
Moltex and ARC Canada have both since received government funding to continue the development of their technologies and grow their businesses. They are actively engaged in design, R&D, licensing and other critical activities on their paths to commercialization.
It is estimated that if both aSMR companies are successful in rolling out their technologies in Canada and abroad, New Brunswick will benefit from 100,000 person-years of employment; $1 billion in government revenues; and $60 billion in GDP between 2030 and 2060.